No. 6 special edition with drama CD [TRANSLATION]
Below is my speedy-quick translation of the website for the final volume of the No. 6 manga, the special edition of which will come with a drama CD. The website mostly mentions what is included with this special edition (the first 4 points), and then has comments from the five voice actors about recording and the series of No. 6. Apologies for any awkward phrasing, all mistakes are mine alone. Feel free to correct me or ask any questions you have!
No. 6 final volume March 7 ON SALE!!
Special edition including drama CD & regular version
Finally completed! Don’t miss this moving last volume!
What’s on the drama CD…?!
1. the all-star cast of the anime gathers again!
Shion – Yuuki Kaji
Nezumi – Yoshimasa Hosoya
Safu – Kiyono Yasuno
Inukashi – Kei Shindou
Rikiga – Masaki Terasoma
2. An original scenario from source novel ‘No. 6 Beyond’.
A drunk Shion, doing imitations of Nezumi?! A fun, but painful memorial story.
3. Box and casing newly drawn by Hinoki Kino!
4. Also including a post card newly drawn by Hinoki Kino!
—————————— [voice actors’ comments] ——————————-
1. Impressions after finishing recording
2. Lines and so on they’d like you to listen to and notice
3. A final message to all fans!
Yuuki Kaji (Shion)
1. Recording was really fun, as the atmosphere was warm as ever, like we were a family. But… I got very sad, as I realized this was my last chance to perform as Shion.
2. Personally, I think Shion drunk on wine is interesting to hear. His articulation isn’t so splendid. (laughs) In this work, the story was developed with Shion’s talking at the center. Please, be sure to also pay attention to the last, his shouting from the heart.
3. Reunion will come.
Yoshimasa Hosoya (Nezumi)
1. Can I return to the moment just before recording started? No, isn’t there something I can do now that time has passed? Can I make it end with the feelings from the final recordings of the TV series once more, I wonder? Can’t I do it, because I was in an earlier time? Noises like that were bad inside me, but when we started, it was strange, but it was good to be back… It went peacefully, and I’m glad I enjoyed it more than anything, more than back then.
2. Because it’s a work of important dialogues, there’s nothing for me to say for this part about my own lines specifically. I’d be happy if you’d listen through all of the scenes carefully.
3. To me, this work of No. 6 was the start of the work I continue to do now. I’m really happy I got to listen to everyone with the making of this drama CD, after the ending of the TV series which has given me a push in the back, telling me to ‘return’. I’m really blessed as a performer, just having been able to work on such a still beloved work. No. 6 is special. It’s a work that has helped me. No matter what happens next, that won’t change. The story ends here, but it’ll stay in everyone’s memories a little longer, and may the strong wills of Shion and everyone that seem to earnestly have changed the world remain. Thank you truly very much for your support.
Kiyono Yasuno (Safu)
1. It’s truly been a while since I returned to No. 6, so I was terribly happy! The atmosphere from recording for the first time in about two and a half years made me nostalgic. I was nervous about in what way Safu would make an appearance, but well, that scene… Like the girl from two and a half years ago that wouldn’t give up, I performed giving it my all.
2. I put in the love that’s been boiled all the while over the last two and a half years. Please give it a listen.
3. Everyone, thank you truly very much for continuing to love No. 6, from the end of the anime until now! With the comic version also concluding now, and with the series having faced yet another ending, I can’t hide feeling lonely as well, even while I’m happy… However, with the original novels, the 11 episodes of the anime story, and the Holy Celebration Day and the drama CD, which let me study the work of No. 6, and the many opportunities I was given to connect to everyone who loves the series, I have treasures for a lifetime. May No. 6 continue to shine forever inside everyone’s hearts, even though this period is ending. It was really nice to meet you. Thank you very much, from my heart! May we meet again sometime ♪ Reunion will come.
Kei Shindou (Inukashi)
1. I was nervous as it had been a while, but I felt at ease with the usual members of No. 6. It didn’t really seem this was the end, and it was nice being able to record with joy and cheerfulness. And all of us singing along with the ending song… I felt happy being able to work together with these lovely people again.
2. I’m being brazen and calling names as usual, mostly to Rikiga. Please listen to Inukashi having fun annoying the heck out of Rikiga. Because No. 6 develops unique conversations, it was fun listening to Shion and Nezumi’s conversations again after so long.
3. This will be the final volume. Please, to all the fans. It’s such a shame you won’t get to see cute Inukashi anymore with the final volume of the comics, but it’d make me happy if you’d read them over and over again, listen to the drama CDs, and keep loving it. I really love No. 6. Please look after me from here onward, too!
Masaki Terasoma (Rikiga)
1. Of course, Rikiga is a fun role.
2. Playing the role of the straight man who goes along with the joke before pointing out its ridiculousness (the nori-tsukkomi).
3. Thank you so very much for loving No. 6 for so long. No. 6 will be forever, through the ages!